- RSS Channel Showcase 4709493
- RSS Channel Showcase 9724777
- RSS Channel Showcase 9390473
- RSS Channel Showcase 3476667
- 02/25/16--08:34: When Should Contained Maggot Therapy Be Used for Wound Debridement?
- 06/23/17--05:26: Common Obstacles on the Road to Maggot Debridement Therapy
by Ronald Sherman MD, MSC, DTM&H
Bob Hope and Bing Crosby starred in a series of films called "On the Road" in which the duo traveled around the globe, facing a variety of amusing obstacles and mishaps. Therapists and patients desiring maggot debridement therapy (MDT) for their non-healing wounds often face a variety of obstacles, too... though they may not seem quite as amusing. Let's consider some of these obstacles and examine ways to avoid or mitigate them.
We can organize the most likely obstacles chronologically: